Computer-based Working Environments (326.008, WS 2011/2012)
Place: Hagenberg seminar room (HA 105).
Time: Blocked form (3 units a 45 min per block) in November/December 2011.
The course starts on Thursday, November 10, 2011, at 10 am in the
Seminar Room of Castle Hagenberg.
Next courses on Thursdays, at the same time and same location.
December 8th is vacation day !
This course gives a condensed introduction into the practical aspects of scientific working in computer-based environments, in this order:
- Debian GNU/Linux (1 unit, KE; week 45)
- Working on a command line I. (1 unit, KE; week 45)
- Working on a command line II. (1 unit, KE; week 45)
- Document preparation using LaTeX (1 unit, WW; week 46)
- Version Control (1 unit, RH; week 46)
- Collaborative editing and content management (1 unit, RH; week 46)
- Networking (1 unit, KE; week 47)
- Remote login, remote desktops, SSH, VNC (1 unit, KE; week 47)
- Mailing (1 unit, KE; week 47)
- Simple Image Processing (1 unit, KE; week 48)
- Drawing Figures (1 units, KE; week 48)
- Document preparation using LaTeX (1 unit, WW; week 2/2012)
- Preparing Slide Presentations (1 unit, KE; week week 2/2012)
- Webpages with HTML&PHP (1 unit, WW; week week 2/2012)
Grading is based on the elaboration of practical exercises.
To take part in the course, you have to enrol in the KUSSS system. Since the exercises will be submitted via Moodle, you also have to login into Moodle and register as a course participant. You will then also receive per email all messages posted in the News forum.