326.013, Friday 8:30-11:00,
MT 226/1 Zoom, Start: October 9, 2020
Because of the COVID19-caused reduction of room capacities, lectures (and the final exam) will be offered at the announced times in digital form only (Zoom, Moodle). Lectures will be recorded and the recordings will be published in this Moodle course.
To take part in the course, you have to enrol in the KUSSS system. This course is offered simultaneously for the master program "Computer Science" and for the master program "Computer Mathematics".
This course gives a survey on the use of formal methods for the development of reliable software. More specifically, we deal with
- specifying sequential programs and concurrent systems,
- computer-supported verification,
- extended static checking,
- model checking.
The course consists of two parts:
- a lecture part where the fundamental issues of the field are taught, and
- an exercise part where practical skills are trained using freely available software tools.
The grading of the course will be based on a couple of exercises and a final exam.
Since the exercises will be submitted via Moodle, you also have to login in Moodle and register as a course participant. You will then also receive per email all messages posted in the Announcements forum and may yourself post messages in the Questions and Answers forum.