Computer-based Working Environments (326.008, WS 2013/2014)
Place: Hagenberg seminar room (HA 105).
Time: Blocked form (3 units a 45 min per block) October/November/December.
The course will start on November 5th, Tuesday, at 2 PM
in RISC, in the Seminar Room in the Castle of Hagenberg.
2nd blocked talk: November 14th, Thursday, 10:30 AM, same location.
November 21th, Thursday, 10:30 AM, --> cancelled
3rd blocked talk: November 28th, Thursday, 10:30 AM, same location.
4th blocked talk: December 5th, Thursday, 10:30 AM, same location.
Last blocked talk: December 12th, Thursday, 10:30 AM, same location.
This course gives a condensed introduction into the practical aspects of scientific working in computer-based environments, in this order:
- Everyday Ubuntu Use (1 unit, KE)
- Debian GNU/Linux (2 unit, KE)
- Working on a command line I. (1 unit, KE)
- Working on a command line II. (1 unit, KE)
- Version Control (1 unit, RH)
- Webpage creation (1 unit, RH)
- Networking (1 unit, KE)
- Mailing (1 unit, KE)
- Using Gnu Privacy Guard (1 unit, KE)
- Remote login, remote desktops, SSH, VNC (2 units, KE)
- Simple Image Processing and Drawing Figures (1 unit, KE)
Grading is based on the elaboration of practical exercises.
To take part in the course, you have to enrol in the KUSSS system. Since the exercises will be submitted via Moodle, you also have to login into Moodle and register as a course participant. You will then also receive per email all messages posted in the News forum.