The following applies to those ISI students whose academic supervisor is Wolfgang Schreiner.
Self Study on Grid Computing
- Study literature.
- Install the latest version of Globus Toolkit 4 (GT4), run and demonstrate sample service.
- Either on some ISI computer or on your own notebook.
- Either on a native GNU/Linux installation or install VirtualBox and a virtual Debian machine on which to install GT4.
- Personal demonstration of installation and service to WS.
- Prepare and give slide-based presentation on some advanced aspect of GT4 (30-45 mins).
- Security, data management, information services, execution management.
- End of October: fixing of talk topics and presentation dates.
- End of November: demonstration of GT4 installation to WS.
- Beginning of December: sketch of talk.
- List of resources, sketch of presentation structure.
- Beginning of January: draft of talk.
- Middle/end of January: presentations.
Available at ISI; study Part I and II (Perspectives und Framework) und Chapter 17 ("Open Grid Service Architecture").
Available at ISI; study as required.
Study as required.
Master Thesis ProposalDiscuss your master thesis topic with your company advisor and prepare a master thesis proposal (5-10 pages).
- Short overview on the overall area, company and customer, etc.
- Project Topic
- Problems and goals.
- Expected Results
- Structure of Thesis
- Table of contents (on the level of chapters, ev. sections), plus page estimation.
- Introduction (2-3 pages)
- State of the Art (10 pages)
- ... (about 40 pages)
- Conclusions (1-2 pages)
- Appendices (if any)
- Timelines (January - June)
- Project milestones
- Thesis chapters (State of the Art, ..., Conclusions, Introduction).
- Scientific Literature
- At least 10 citations on the topic.
- Middle of November: first version.
- End of November: second version.
- Middle of December: final version.
Last modified: Wednesday, 27 April 2011, 3:46 PM