Exercise for the Topic Mailing
Use Thunderbird in your RISC account to read your emails at your RISC account.
Create two email accounts in Thunderbird, with the following configuration:
- one for reading the emails by imaps
- another email account for reading the emails by pop3s,
- by creating the email account configure the following setting:
by the Server Information window unmark the field:
Use Global Inbox ( store mail in Local Folders)
- set the outgoing mail server to smtpauthhost.risc.uni-linz.ac.at
(this server needs authentication: your RISC login and password
will be asked, the connection is ssl based)
- send the outgoing emails by Bcc: to your RISC account
- create two signature files
- create a vcard
- create some folders, according the names of my topics in the CBWE course
as follows: Debian, Networking, Mailing, SSH, Images, Presentation
- Setup some filters:
- each email with the subject of a topics (as listed above) has to be moved
to the appropriate folder.
Check the setup:
- send at least 6 emails to your RISC account with the different topic names
in the Subject and check, whether the filter works correctly.
Inform me per e-mail, if you finished the above settings, I'll send you some test emails.
Create screen shots about the configuration of the email accounts:
- Thunderbird start page, where I can check the list of email accounts and folders
- for both email accounts:
- Account settings <account name>
- Server Settings
- Copies and Folders
- Outgoing Server
Create a Latex Beamer presentation about the configuration of Thunderbird:
- Thunderbird configuration
- your name
- logo: your photo
- four frames (Thunderbird start, vcard, 2 signatures) with the screenshots made above
- For both email accounts the the four setting (8 frames) with the screen shots made above
Put the presentation into your RISC home directory:
Put the source latex file of the presentation to this directory as exercise-mailing.tex
For this exercise you will get max. 20 points (not the default max. 10).